We are delighted to introduce you to
Oculoplastic & Ophthalmic Surgeon
Dr Freny Kalapesi
BSc (Med) MBBS PhD FRANZCO
Now operating at Manly Waters
Dr Freny Kalapesi undertook her prevocational work at Westmead and Prince of Wales Hospitals completing her PhD (2002-2007) at the University of New South Wales in basic laboratory ophthalmic research.
Dr Kalapesi trained as an Ophthalmology Registrar (2005-2010) at the Prince Of Wales Hospital, Randwick and undertook a two years fellowship in the United Kingdom at the Royal United Hospital, Bath gaining experience in General Ophthalmology including cataract, wet macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, strabismus, paediatrics and with a special interest in oculoplastics.
Dr Kalapesi took on her second fellowship at the Bristol Eye Hospital, as the Oculoplastics and Orbital fellow gaining vast surgical experience in the management of lid, lacrimal and orbital conditions. She was an investigator for the CIRTED Trial investigating the role of immunosuppression and radiotherapy in thyroid eye disease. She also hosted weekly multidisciplinary orbital meetings and is well published in ophthalmology and oculoplastics.
- Lid Malpositions Ptosis, ectropion, entropion, lid retraction
- Periocular Skin Cancers Excision and reconstructions
- The Watery Eye/ Epiphora
- Facial Nerve Palsy Lid loading, lower lid elevation, midface lifts
- Thyroid Eye Disease Management active inflammatory disease – surgical, lid/ strabismus & orbital sequelae
- Orbital Inflammatory Disease Sarcoid/ Wegeners/ IgG4/ idiopathic…
- Orbital Malignancy
- Socket Management
- Cosmetic Blepharoplasty upper or lower eyelids & rejuvenative surgery
For appointments please contact:
The Eye Clinic 02 9977 2551
Fax: 02 9977 2912
Address: 4th Floor, 39 East Esplanade, Manly NSW